Thursday 4 June 2009

365 Cards - Day 96 - Fun with fabric.

Well I have finally caught up with the challenges on 365 Cards and what a great challenge they have for us today.

Vicky has suggested today's challenge and here is what it is

She suggested that we have a challenge where we incorporate fabric into our cards. Any piece of fabric will do, except for fabric ribbon, buttons, or flowers. Of course you can add those things to your card, but they won't count as the fabric.

and here is my card for today



OK so the Flower on my card is fabric and so are both of the Butterflies

The fabric is what I have left from a rather nice set of fat quarters I bought last year, I used the fat quarters to make a bag.

Once I had seen this challenge this morning I went to have a look at the fabrics I had and found these scraps, I roughly cut them out and glued each piece onto a piece of card before I went to work then when I got home I cut them out properly and the fabric is glued onto the card it has a little maneuverability so I was able to shape the Butterfly wings slightly instead of them being flat.

I have used pearls to embellish both Butterflies, some of my new LLB braid and Ribbon at the bottom of the card and a sentiment printed onto Vellum that reads

Just as the Caterpillar thought the world was over,
it became a Butterfly

I love using fabric and I am really pleased how this turned out, this is one of my favourite cards I have made so far.

Hope you like it

13 comments:

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Wow! That is one lovely card! Luv the quote too!

~amy~ said...

Wow...I tell you, your fabric looks like paper...gorgeous job on the challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

Like it, heck, I love it, just amazing, and I think i have that fabric, what a great job you did with it.

Karen said...

STUNNING !!!

Love Karen xxx

misteejay said...

Oh my, that is sooooooo beautiful.

Toni :o)

Ivolina said...

Amazing card, Maz. I love this flower and butterflies.

Unknown said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!

Jeannie said...

Great idea to put the fabric on top of cardstock for the wings! Beautiful card!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Karen Lee said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!! I'm going to have to look through my fabric for some butterflies. I practically have my own fabric shop. I used to be a quilter, but scrapping and card making have become my favorite pastime!!

hugs, Karen Lee

Rose said...

Maz this is beautiful!! luv how you made the bflys "fly" and that new ribbon and lace...PRETTY!! :D

Made by Mandy said...

Love that fabric, the butterflies have turned out really well and works great with the wordart. The LLB braid is just yummy :)

Fi said...

Fantastic card Maz, I had to read your comments to discover that the flowers and butterflies were fabric, I thought they were paper. Fantastic take on the challenge.
Hugs
Fi

Vickilyn said...

Love that fabric!!! I couldn't find any in the house.

I love seeing that Pile It On blinkie too! Hope to see you there tomorrow!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin