Tuesday 2 June 2009

365 Cards - Day 94 - Ad Inspired and Papertake Weekly

First of all I would like to wish Tammy a very happy Birthday!

I love the Ad inspired challenges over at 365 Cards and this one did not disappoint me. I could have made a dozen cards with everything that inspired me about this Ad, the colours, the shoes with the holes design in them, the stripe of the tie, the Roses, I could go on but I think you get the picture.



here it is



I took this sketch by Dawny over at Papertake Weekly challenges to start me off and because it also reminded me of the Ad, the Ad has 9 squares but this sketch only has the 3 strips but it sort of fits.



I love the colour combination and it just happens to be one of my favourites at the minute so this was perfect.

The papers I have used are Digital Papers from The Shabby Princess and are called Urban Kiwi.
I printed out the ones I wanted and cut them to size and mounted the strips onto Black card, the centre panel is another piece of Urban Kiwi paper that I ran through the script CB folder, this has been mounted onto Green then onto Black. The shape has been coloured in using a Black Marker pen which was them embossed before I added it to my card.

Hope you Like it!

20 comments:

Karina said...

Love your card, and it matches your blog as well (which s beautiful by the way). Nice job.

Fi said...

Wow - very elegant card Maz, love your papers - love how you made your shape stand out.
Hugs
Fi

Unknown said...

Maz what an absolutely stunning, stunning card. You did a really good job on todays challenge!!
Hugs
Michelle

Unknown said...

Great card - I love your take on the challenge!!

Rose said...

well you rocked this ad challenge!! :D

Karen Lee said...

Perfect take on todays challenge!

hugs, Karen Lee

Sherry Eckblad said...

Maz, your card is beautiful.

jacque4u2c said...

You never cease to AMAZE me - just stunning ans elegant!

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

I love it. I miss you ladies! I can't wait to come home from Europe, only to make cards! lol
R

misteejay said...

Stunning - such a fab card.

Toni :o)

Mrs Mayne said...

Thats a lovely card - very elegant! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Made by Mandy said...

Maz your card is blooming gorgeous. You make some really sophisticated cards and this one is so fresh.

The digi papers have worked really well for this design.

~Tammy~ said...

Maz, Thanks so much for the Birthday Wishes {{{{HUGS}}}} Your card is awsome as well. Thanks for playing along

June Houck said...

Stunning! Great take on the sketch too :)

Gloria said...

Very Nice, crisp and elegant looking.
I left you another lil treat on my blog.

Joey said...

Hi Maz, this is gorgeous, love the striking colours, and gorgeous papers. Joey.x

Ginny said...

LOVE this card Maz :0)

Julie said...

your card is lovely, very elegant and I can so see the connection between the inspiration piece.

Artyjen said...

What an elegant card........I like digi papers too.
xoxo

chiara_francy said...

fantastica!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin