Tuesday 9 June 2009

365 Cards - Day 100 - Manic Monday. Creative Card Crew, Card Patterns and Happy Birthday to Me!

Ok so today is my Birthday and I am 50; sounds like one of those meetings where everyone stands up and says who they are, so Happy Birthday to Me!

I know I am going to get a little behind with my challenges this week as there are a few things being planned for my Birthday so not so much crafting time this week, however I have managed to complete my card for yesterdays challenge over at 365 Cards for Day 100. It is hard to believe we are already up to 100 days with this challenge and so far I haven't missed a day!

the challenge for day 100 is-
I challenge you to use 5 bold colors on your card: RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, and BLUE - No pastels!

I am also entering this for the challenge over at Creative Card Crew challenge # 14 who want to see geometric patterns.

I have used this fabulous sketch from Card Patterns challenge #18 to give me a starting point



and here is my card



All papers are basic Grey Oh Baby range, I printed the image and added flowers and gems where the printed flowers are and finished with 3 buttons and 1 of each colour ribbon tied at the bottom.

This is just a quick post as I have a 30 minute break from work, I will be at work until 6pm today so I am taking the chance while I have it to post this.

Hope you like it


21 comments:

Karen Lee said...

.........HAPPY BIRTHDAY..........

Lovely card!

hugs, Karen Lee

Made by Mandy said...

Love your colourful card with it's little row of flowers.

Well done on completing all the challenges so far, you have done fabulously well.

Happy 50th Birthday. Hope you have a smashing time and get some lovely pressies.

Love and best wishes to you xxx

Rose said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MAZ, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! thought i would "sing" to you :D
super fun card!!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Maz Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday. I think you are going to find your fifties are fab. I turned 53 on the 6th and I always enjoy my birthday. So enjoy your day and make the most of it.

Your card is awesome I love those flowers. Great job on the challenge..

Powerful Search Engine said...

Beautiful card I love it all, hugs Pascale

Devon said...

Love your card! I'm a huge Basic Grey junkie and the Oh Baby line is one of my faves. I hoard it in my stash!

Deanne said...

Happy Birthday Maz! Love the card!

Anonymous said...

Great card, love the sketch and the colour challenge is perfect.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Maz!!!!!! I love your card and you did well to create it with so many challenges in mind. Have a wonderful time with your family.
Hugs
Michelle

Fi said...

Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday Dear Maz
Happy Birthday to You
Hip Hip Hooray.

I hope the birthday fairies were very nice to you and you had a wonderful day.

Love your take on the challenges - love the colour combos.
Hugs
Fi

Joey said...

Hi Maz, GORGEOUS card, I adore the rainbow colours. the papers are lovely. Hope you have had a wonderful birthday. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

Janice said...

A little bird (Rose) has been spreading the word that it's your BD... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Love your card the colors are perfect!

~amy~ said...

♥♥happy birthday!!!♥♥
great card!

Tasha said...

Happy birthday Maz.
This card is so striking and really funky, love the papers you used and i adore the flowers and ribbon
fabulous!
thanks for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx

Ginny said...

this looks fab Maz, LOVE the ribbons :0)

Have a fantastic day/week :0)

misteejay said...

Happy Birthday and have a wonderful week.

Another lovely card.

Toni :o)

Nicola said...

Fabulous card Maz, love these bright cheery colours and those flowers and buttons are gorgeous. Happy birthday, sound as though you are gonna have some fun this week.
Thank you for playing along with the Creative Card Crew.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Sue said...

Great card lovely bold colours, great image, very striking card, sue.x

whoistracy said...

Oh this is just the cutest card I've seen in a while!!! Love the striped background and those cute little flowers. So glad you could play along with us on CP.

Laurel said...

Very pretty! Love all the flowers! Thanks for playing.

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh Maz! This is creative and cute and so fun! I love it.

Happy be-lated birthday! I hope you had a fab day!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin