Sunday 10 May 2009

365 Cards - Day 71 - Super Sketchy Sunday

Well it has been another hectic day in my house today, my DIL Marie who made the wall hanging with me last weekend returned today to make another project only this time she brought her friend Gemma with her. They had bought some canvases from town and wanted me to help them to decorate them, easy I hear you say.........



... ok easy enough,but there was 2 of them and both complete novices so it took nearly all morning to sort their photo's out before we could make a start and then all afternoon to complete the canvases but they were both pleased the end result... I hope!!!


Here is the one Gemma altered




A fun Family themed canvas


Here is Marie's, this was made as a present for her Hubby for their Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday. Marie's has photos from their wedding.






I was really pleased with how they turned out and hope that both ladies enjoyed altering their canvases.

Whilst the 2 ladies were busy making their canvases my other DIL Tracey arrived and she spent some time making her Hubby's Wedding Anniversary card whilst she was here, her anniversary is a week on Tuesday.


Here is the card Tracey made with a little help from me!!!





Well Marie wants to come back with Gemma to make something else and they have another friend that wants to come too, looks like I am now giving lessons so maybe I should pursue this and make it more of a regular thing and see who else may be interested locally in coming along.


All afternoon my Hubby and our 2 Sons were safely tucked away watching the football and looking after the kids while I was trying to teach the girls how to complete their projects and make a start on cooking a Sunday Roast dinner, once they had finished I cooked dinner for 11 of us so needless to say I am a little tired tonight.

After dinner I made a start on cutting the bits needed to make 12 Invitation card for my GS 2nd birthday party so it is a good job I made my challenge card this morning before everyone arrived.


The challenge on 365 Cards today was a sketch and here it is



Here is my card





and the inside





On this card I have used some of the stamps I won on Jak Heaths blog, Crafters kitchen a few weeks ago, I stamped the flower onto white card and then onto another piece and cut that out to 3D on top. I used the leaf stamp to add detail aroung the flower. I used part of the large stamp to create a border which I cut round before adding it to the card. I have added a tied ribbon from which hangs a charm.

This card is also being entered for the challenge on Paper Blooms . This week we are thinking about that special woman (or women) that touch our life in a special way, whether this is your mom or a very close friend we want you to make a project that you'll be sure to give her to let her know how special she is to you.

All I have left to do now is make 2 Wedding Anniversary cards for our 2 Sons for their wives, one for this Tuesday and one for next Tuesday and thats me done for the day, maybe I will leave them until the morning and go off to my bed!

Well I do hope this all makes sense as I am so tired it may be a little strange in places but before I close I would like to wish all of the Mum's out there a Happy Mothers Day.





PS. I have had a lovely comment left from Post Pals saying they thought the card I made yesterday was lovely and that I should send this onto a child also, so that is what I shall do with it, it looks like I was possibly the only one who hated it in the end.

15 comments:

Kristie Larsen said...

wow Maz you really have been busy!! It sounds lovely though to hang out with your kids! I think you should start something locally. its so fun to meet with friends to do some creating. i have made some really great friendships that way. Hope you get some rest! And great job with the sketch. I love the beautiful flower and soothing colors.

Rose said...

Oh Maz I am worn out just thinking of how much you had going on today!! How sweet that they came to you to learn a craft :D What a beautiful card and perfect for both challenges!! Get some rest and I will check in on you on Monday after work :D

Unknown said...

Hi Maz,
When I started reading your post I was thinking that you should offer classes and make some extra money out of it. It seems to be the natural flow of your forward journey doesn't it? Lovely card as usual Maz.
Hugs
Michelle

~Tammy~ said...

Fabulous creations as always Maz!

~amy~ said...

Maz, you've been a busy woman!!! TFS all your fabulous creations!!!

Lorna @scrapsnscribbles/letssewit said...

thats sounds like a bit of a full on day maz, love the canvases and card.

misteejay said...

Wounderful items, all of them. Sounds like you are part-way towards a teaching role so why not go for it (you could charge so you would have some extra money for stash.

Toni :o)

Gem said...

Thank you so much for helping me complete my canvas, i really enjoyed it and love the end result!!
thanks again, Gem

rie said...

Would just like to say thankyou for another great day yesterday and welcoming my friend to join in with us, we are both really happy with what we have made
You have really given me the craft bug :)
Love Marie xx

Cassie said...

Wow, you're busy! Great layouts and card! It was a lot of fun looking at all of your creations ;D

Vicky said...

oh my goodness...sounds like you had quite the busy day!! love the card you made for the sketch!

Ivolina said...

Very nice scrapbooking pages.

Lovely card as all things you do.
I like your work very much.

jacque4u2c said...

So, glad you joined in over at Paper Blooms - this card is just AWESOME!!!!

Leah said...

Such lovely creations. Thank you for joining us at Paper Blooms:)

Ann said...

These are all fabulous projects! Thanks for playing along at Paper Blooms this week. ;)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin