Tuesday, 5 May 2009

365 Cards - Day 66 - A Certain Sentiment #2

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I saw the challenge on 365 Cards, I honestly think these challenges are getting harder but I suppose that is the whole point of the word 'Challenge'. Pam really knows how to push us to places outside our safe zones.

I also notice that this is Sentiment challenge #2 so I guess there will be more of these to come. Anyway today's challenge was to use the sentiment

"You are there, and I am here"
I thought about this all day at work and have come up with this

I took a White card base and matted a piece of Red to it that was cut slightly smaller than the card front.

I printed the sentiment onto white card so it is now background paper as such, I have added to the sentiment as mine reads :-

You are there 4 me and I am there 4 you ~ I Love you

Once printed I cut it into strips and mounted it onto Black card then adhered the pieces to the red using 3D foam pads. I took 3 flowers that match the paper and added a Black brad to the centre of each flower tying some Black fibres behind the flower before gluing them on in a diagonal line.

I plant to give this card to my Hubby to cheer him up as tomorrow he will be put on 30 days at work for the second time in a few months, we now wait to see if he gets made redundant this time.

Hope you like it

16 comments:

Sherry said...

Great way to do the challenge.

Rose said...

WOW!!! you truely rocked this challenge!!!making your own paper has me speachless, and as DH would tell you that is a rare thing!! **i do beleive pam sits up all night thinking of how to mess with our minds each day** LOL :D

Bex said...

That is fab! To make your own background paper, super, and what a stylish take on the challenge too!

misteejay said...

Beautiful card...love red as the accent on B&W - very classy.

Toni :o)

~amy~ said...

What a GREAT job on the challenge!!! FAB card!!

Kim said...

How kool is that! Great job on the challenge...

fabricbutterfly said...

clever girl, great job, this was a tough one and you nailed it but good.

mckinkle said...

I love your card and its my fav colour combo too!
Keryn :D

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

Creative spin! I love it!
R

Fran said...

Now thaat is one clever card, and pretty too!:-)

AUsome mom said...

Maz, this is gorgeous. Such a cool background paper too!!

Fi said...

Great take on the challenge Maz, I had a lot of trouble coming up with an idea for this one, but eventually did a very simple one.
hugs
Fi

my5bratz said...

yet another beauty Maz :0)

Made by Mandy said...

Great take on the challenge, your paper is brilliant.

Keeping fingers crossed for your hubbie, I've been made redundant twice in the last 6 months and it's not nice to be out of work.

Tammy said...

Great take on the challenge. You card is gorgeous

Vicky said...

fantastic job on this challenge Maz - your card is absolutely gorgeous!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin