Thursday 30 April 2009

Paper Blooms #5 - Inspiration and....

... something to cheer my Daughter up as she is poorly!

My poor Sarah has Tonsillitus which isn't unusual but she had her Tonsills out about 2 years ago so to help cheer her up I decided to use this challenge to make something for her bedroom.


The challenge at Paper Blooms this week was to take inspiration from this picture of Leah's dishes, they say vintage and Laura Ashley to me so I got out my K & Co. Hannah papers and set to it.



This is what I made her



Not the best picture so here is each piece in more detail




Cameron is Sarah's Boyfriend



Dean is Sarah's Brother, my Husband and I only have Dean and Sarah together




and this is her 'Daddy'



I took a selection of photo's that were taken at the weddings of each of our 3 sons and printed them quite small, most of the photo's were of her as a Bridesmaid.

I took 2 squares of Acetate and puched a hole at each side at both top and bottom, the heart is wood and as luck had it I already had this cut out so I painted it with Ivory Laura Ashley paint and covered it with paper, edged all round with a gold Krylon pen.

I decorated the heart and each piece of Acetate with papers, flowers and computer generated sentiment, added the photo's and tied the whole thing together with Ribbons.

If you haven't been across to Paper Blooms yet you really should go and have a look, its quite a new challenge blog but the DT work is fab and they have had some great challenges so far, go on take a look, have a go, its always good to try something new.

Well Sarah has just got up and she loves it, so I am glad it has made her feel a little happier, hope you like it too!


12 comments:

shelly said...

maz thank you for joining us again this week your project is just so special and also inspiring. you have a beautiful family:) hope to see you again next week over at Pb :) hugs..shelly

Unknown said...

AW! how awful is that to have your tonsills out and still get bother, what a shame. Give her some off my magic xxxxxxxxxxxx's, they work for my children and grandchildren. I am sure your gift cheered her up, you have put such a lot off work into it. Hope Sarah is feeling better soon. Hugs. Avril xx

Fi said...

Maz, that is just beautiful, I bet your daughter will be over the moon with it.
Hugs
Fi

jacque4u2c said...

Now I think this is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen! What a great job with the challenge - just breathtaking. I am sure she is going to feel very cheered up! What a masterpiece!

misteejay said...

What a lovely Mum you are - this is fab and I can understand her loving it...such a beautiful gift.

Toni :o)

Rose said...

Well your DD sure has a lot of LOVE around her!! Maz you have out done yourself on this challenge my friend, this is AWESOME!!!! I'm so glad you joined PB :-)

Leah said...

Oh! This is just beautiful! I love how you interrupted the challenge. Beautifully executed. Thank you for joining us, and please come back, we love seeing your creations!

Chrissy's Creations said...

What a fabulous wall hanging. Your daughter is sure to be cheered up by this. Great work of art.

Cassie said...

Totally love what you made! Thanks for playing along ;D

Ann said...

This is absolutely wonderful, and I'm sure she'll love it, too! Hope she's on the mend soon!

Thanks for playing with us this week! ;)

Unknown said...

Maz this is lovely and should cheer your daughter up no end. She is beautiful Maz.
Regards
Michelle

rie said...

This is Beautiful Marion I really dont know where you get your ideas from but keep them coming this is lovely !!! :)
marie xx

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin