Friday 17 April 2009

Cupcake Crafts and Creative Belli Blog Challenges

I have made this card to cover two challenges, firstly this is for the challenge on Cupcake Crafts where the task was to make a 1 Layer card.

What that means: You may have one layer of cardstock other than your image and base. You could even just stamp on your base card. Its up to you.

My card also fits with the challenge on the Creative Belli Blog #63 which calls for Dry Embossing

My card is simply a white card base that I embossed using my Swiss Dots embossing folder, I tried to emboss the dots more at the top of the card and less at the bottom so as to imitate Snow falling. I lightly chalked the dots at the top of the card with pale Blue chalk and have randomly coloured the dots with a Silver Glitter sakura pen to add some sparkle, not sure if this shows up in the photo.

I then cut out the window using my Labels Nestabilities and positioned my image behind so it was central to the window. A length of Baby Blue ribbon was tied around the card onto which I hung a Silver Snowflake charm.




I coloured the image with watercolours which doesnt take long with a Snowman I then stamped a tiny Snowflake over the card with clear Versamark adding more detail to the bottom of the card with my Versamark pen before adding the Silver embossing powder.

Another length of Baby Blue ribbon was added to the inside and held with 2 small brads, under the ribbon is a stamped line which is Holiday Greetings.



A close up of the charm, sorry it's a bit blurry!



So my first Christmas card made this year, hope you like it!

9 comments:

misteejay said...

Love it...we've only just had Easter and you're making Christmas cards already - and there I was thinking I was early making a start last year (June) LOL...great card.

Toni :o)

Liza said...

Wow this is gorgeous. I love the snowman and all the detail you have added.

Liza x

Chrissy D said...

This is absolutely adorable! I just love the versatility of the Swiss Dots folder. It lends itself beautifully to your winter card! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

beautiful card! I really love everything about it!

Ida / Little said...

This is really a gorgeous x-mas card! The snowman is adorable! :) Thanks for playing at CCC!!

Ida

The Crafty Den said...

You are definitely the early bird lol! Very pretty card, love the embossing. Cute image. Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Christi Flores said...

OMG how cute!! I am in LOVE with those silver snowflakes!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous xmas card Maz. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CCC!
Clairex

Shelly Koskinen said...

Great job! Thanks for playing the Belli Challenge.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin