Thursday 19 February 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge - Mellow Yellow!

I don't normally enter for any challenges as I don't class myself as a card maker but I have a few I thought I would have a go at.

This is the first one, its for Betty Bee's challenge on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog and the theme is 'Mellow Yellow'



I chose to do an Easter card with this Rabbit image I have had on my PC for a while, not even sure where its from; I think its a colouring picture I saved for one of the kids.

I took a square card and stamped the greeting on the bottom and then added the bouncing dots. I next added the green spotted paper which is from my scrap box after edging with my Martha Stewart punch then layered the yellow which has also been edged the same then been run through the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I added the ribbon between the layers and tied it to the side.

The rabbit was watercoloured and has 3D foam to fix it to the card, he is holding some rather droopy flowers which have small crystals in the centres.

Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful card MIL. Love the greeting.

Love DIL x

Anonymous said...

Maz it's an adorable card! You are a talented card maker. :D Love the way you worked the double edging. Great job on the Challenge! Thanks for playing with us this week for the Mellow Yellow Challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog. Hope to see more of your work!

http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Hugs

~Spike

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin